I am an economist studying the institutional and cultural foundations of economic development in Latin America.
My research examines a range of historical and contemporary issues, including the state, conflict, cultural norms, and how they affect development policy. I have a PhD. from Harvard University.
- Legal Origins in Mexico
- Tied to the Land? Intergenerational Mobility and Agrarian Reform in Colombia
- Fears and Dreams: Understanding the Non-Institutional Sources of State Strategy
- State as Society: Evidence from Colombian Paramilitarism
- Embedded Dependence: The State and Industrial Policy in Colombia
- Resisting Social Death: African Origins of Development in the Colombian Pacific